When we talk about JMJ Snow Limited, we mean JMJ Snow Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 09095369 and whose registered office is Ballards Place, Eardiston, Tenbury Wells, Worcestershire WR15 8JR, United Kingdom. JMJ Snow Limited owns and operates the website http://www.workshopbyjennyjones.com/. When you interact with us through our website or otherwise, you may provide, or we may collect, certain information from which you are personally identifiable (which is referred to as personal data).
For the purposes of all applicable data protection laws, JMJ Snow Limited is the “data controller”, meaning we are responsible for deciding how your personal data is used and for keeping your personal data safe.
What information do we hold?
When you enter competitions, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out an enquiry form, contact us via email or social media (Facebook or Twitter) and/or telephone or make a booking for one of our courses, you may provide, and we may collect the following information:
· Basic: Name, address, contact information, including a phone number and email for you and your travel companions, emergency contact details, passport information, dates of birth, insurance information, visa information, nationality and country of residence.
· Profile: Subscription and demographic information such as preferences, interests, age and family information.
· Special category: Special service needs, such as any disability or medical or dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs), height, weight and shoe size.
· Marketing: Information relevant to competitions, feedback, offers and market research.
Please note that we do not store financially sensitive information such as credit card numbers, bank details or security numbers.
Uses of your information
All personal information that we obtain about you and/or any other person whose details you provide will be recorded, used and protected by us in accordance with current data protection legislation. The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including the delivery of any course booked with us;
· To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us which is necessary for us to perform our obligations arising from any contracts with you;
· To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased;
· To notify you about changes to our service in order to perform our obligations arising from a contract with you and to comply with our legal obligations;
· To send you promotional emails and newsletters about our products, special offers or other interesting information that you have opted to receive using the email address which you have provided;
· To contact you for market research purposes where you have consented to us doing so; and
· To pass on your information to our employees and/or suppliers for requested services in order for us to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
In order to provide our services, we may occasionally appoint other third party organisations to carry out some of the processing obligations on our behalf. In each case, we will only ever share the minimum amount of information required, and ensure that the relevant third parties are bound by suitable obligations of confidentiality and security. We may therefore share your information with:
· Any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
· Any of our employees, professional advisors, agents or consultants on a need-to-know basis;
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
· Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
· Mailing houses;
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may be required to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
· If JMJ Snow Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (as set out on our site); or to protect the rights, property, or safety of JMJ Snow Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not share your information with any other third party without your consent except to help prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All your data will be held in a secure environment and used in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. We implement industry standard security processes to ensure that your data is kept safe and to prevent unauthorised access.
Despite these measures, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, so any transmission is at your own risk.
Transfers outside the EEA
We will keep your contact details for as long as you are booked onto a course we organise and/or where you are still happy to hear from us about our latest news, products and services.
We will keep your special category data only for the duration of the course you are booked onto.
Once you no longer wish to be engaged with us we may still need to keep hold of your data if there is a legal reason for doing so.
We require your consent to be able to collect and use “special category data” about you (such as health data and details of injuries) which you may upload onto our platform. We will only use these types of data to: assess your eligibility for each course; provide you with medical treatment or medical assistance when on any course booked; or provide you with appropriate equipment for each course. If you do not consent to us collecting and using these types of data, there will be certain courses and functionality on our website which will be unavailable to you. We will ask for your express consent before we collect or use any special category data.
We will not sell, distribute or lease any personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so or is required by law to do so.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of personal information in the following ways:
· By unsubscribing using the links on our marketing emails or by contacting us to unsubscribe for any or all marketing activity by clicking the unsubscribe button which is found on all emails; or
· By updating and requesting details of any personal information which we hold about you by contacting our data manager at any time on email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email as soon as possible, at the address above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
You have various rights under data protection laws which entitle you, in certain situations, to: (i) ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you; (ii) correct or update your personal data, which you can do yourself by logging into your account or if you would prefer, please contact us and we can assist; (iii) request that we delete your personal data; (iv) object to the handling of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest; (v) restrict the processing of your personal data; (vi) request the transfer of your personal data to a third party data controller; or (vii) where you have provided your consent for something, in certain circumstances, you may withdraw this consent (but note that we may continue to use your personal data if we have legal grounds for doing so).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to exercise your rights, which you can do for free. The only time we may be allowed to charge a reasonable fee is where your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
If you are concerned about the way we are handling your personal data you may also contact the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
Links to other websites
Our website www.workshopbyjennyjones.commay contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave one of our sites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting third-party sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.